128 N. Gaston St.
This historic, grand white house was built by attorney Claudius Daniel Holland Sr. In recent years it has been home to Poffie Girls, a well-known fine dress boutique, and The White House, a specialty gift shop.
130-132 N. Gaston St.
Originally built in 1850 as a general store by cotton manufacturing
pioneer Moses H. Rhyne, it served for many years as a post office. In
1874, the store was a site of the County Court during the rebuilding of
the original courthouse that had been damaged by fire.
Pinkney Summey House
307 W. Trade St
Built in 1905, the house was painted and named after its owner Pinkney Summey, who fancied the color. The house remained in the Summey Family until 1994. Purchased by Bob Humphries of Dallas, it was remodeled in 2001. Today the house functions as an office building.
Former Gaston County Courthouse
131 N. Gaston St.
During 1857, the courthouse opened in the "Publick Square." Here the county business and entertainment was conducted, and you could hear trial testimony and the latest music from traveling performers and singers. In 1874, architectural changes were made after a fire. The fence posts that surround the court square and the granite stairs were fashioned by John Campo, a Union soldier who made Dallas his home. Presently, the ground floor serves as the Dallas Police Station.
Hoffman Hotel (Gaston County Museum)
131 W. Main St.
Built in 1852 by Daniel Hoffman, the Hoffman Hotel was the center of activity while court was in session during the late 1800's and early 1900's. The Gaston County Art and History Museum
now owns the restored hotel, which houses permanent exhibits about the local textile history, as well as traveling exhibits and events pertinent to local history and art.